Taxation is one of the core services provided by Sarkis Sakr & Partners. Our firm seeks to offer the full range of tax advice to their clients. We provide a high level of service to clients in the areas of tax planning and compliance, while ensuring that such work receives the proper level of tax review.
We have strong tax expertise, we are regularly asked by the Ministry of Finance, and are heavily involved in advising multinational companies on tax and legal aspects of doing business in Lebanon.
We can support you:
- To help manage risk and give increased certainty by undertaking effective reviews of key tax areas
- To risk review specific areas of tax such as tax on interest, tax on salaries or VAT
Tax audit and risk management are about understanding where tax risks arise and making judgment calls as to how they are dealt with. The nature and extent of our procedures will vary according to our assessment of the Company's tax function and risks. Our work may be varied on the basis of our findings during the course of a tax audit and from year to year.
We can help you to assess:
- The integrity of the underlying accounting systems and information
- The processes of extracting tax sensitive information from the accounting system
- Whether tax compliance analysis processes are based on up to date knowledge of the latest tax law and practice
- Whether technology in the processes is used properly and efficiently
No one looks forward to the prospect of being audited by a taxing authority. However, investigations and audits are a possibility for every taxpayer, even those taxpayers who consistently maintain best practices. Our professionals at Sarkis Sakr & Partners, will bring a depth of experience and expertise to bear when representing your organization before a taxing authority. We have extensive experience in representing clients in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance Tax inspections in the all areas of income, franchise, sales, use and payroll tax audits. Sarkis Sakr & Partners understands that the requirements you must meet in today’s environment have never been more rigorous. When you need representation before a taxing authority, you should choose a firm with a reputation for integrity, expertise and experience.
Multinational businesses are increasingly affected by tax, legislative and regulatory developments throughout the world. Understanding the impact of these developments on business operations and transactions between countries is vital for a company's success.
We can support you:
- To advise on tax when structuring a group of companies
- To understand double tax relief planning
- To plan for cross-border acquisitions, disposals or reorganizations
- To expand overseas
- To manage intellectual property and intangible assets in a more tax effective manner
We are available to consult on various areas of concern related to taxation, such as entity selection, mergers and acquisitions, change in accounting methods, tax research projects, tax elections, reorganizations, purchase, sale or transfer of business interests and many more topics.
Sound client service is of the utmost importance in minimizing risk. The complexity of tax laws means that tax professionals require significant tools and resources in order to service client needs effectively. For organizations and advisers involved in a deal, maximizing value is always paramount. We assist you in assessing your financial situation, setting short- and long-term goals, and developing strategies to achieve your objectives by :
- Performing a tax due diligence on the deal
- Performing tax planning to ensure tax-efficient debt servicing & repayment
- Integrating the tax planning with accounting and regulatory requirements
- Mitigating capital gains tax on the sale of a business asset
- Establishing the most beneficial tax model suitable for the Company’s structure
- Planning to benefit from tax exemptions especially related to:
- Exemption of properties owned and used by the company from the built property tax
- Holding and Offshore companies transactions
- Payment of dividends to shareholders